At Carr Manor Nursery, we recognise that our team of childcare professionals is our greatest asset and that the passion, enthusiasm and skills of our employees make the nursery what it is.
We are proud of our highly-trained and qualified childcare professionals and we invest in their ongoing training and development. Most employees are qualified to at least NVQ Level 3.
To complement academic achievement in the field, we have our own high-quality structured training programme in-house, and we encourage employees to further progress in their professional studies.
Our own staff training programme covers first aid (basic and paediatrics), safeguarding, behaviour management, diversity, food hygiene, partnership with families and EYFS, including the key person approach.
Every person who comes into contact with the children in our care is fully checked beforehand, we:
- Carry out thorough DBS checks before any staff begin work with us
- Ensure that our team operates to our Safeguarding Policies – which are available to parents and carers.
- Obtain full character and professional references before hiring staff
- Ensure all new hires have a 3-month probationary period, during which their performance is assessed
- Carry out full inductions for new starters, covering all nursery procedures.
- Complete strict risk assessments to ensure that we monitor all people in the nursery at all times. Additionally, all staff are regularly assessed and observed as they interact with the children in our care.
The team of staff at Carr Manor Nursery are extremely passionate about what they do and dedicated to providing the best possible care and learning for the children in our care. Many have worked in the nursery for years and have seen more than one set of siblings pass through from the baby room, through to their ‘graduation’ to primary school!
Our team’s enthusiasm for their profession shines through and the children are noticeably close to their carers and have a fantastic bond with them.
To commit to growing the next generation of childcare talent, we also offer apprenticeships to local young people who are keen to forge a career in nursery care and nursery management, and this is another way that we operate as a socially responsible business and maintain a positive role in our local community.